Are you looking for dynamic teacher leaders at your site? Are you looking to improve student achievement? You’re looking to hire a National Board Certified teacher.
Did you know that Hillsborough County National Board certified teachers outperform non-NBCTs within the district?
The National Board and Hillsborough County Public Schools released a report that included:
- Based solely on student test results, NBCTs scored half a standard deviation higher than non-NBCTs – a statistically significant finding.
- NBCTs rank nearly one full standard deviation (0.9) higher than non-NBCTs when evaluators combine scores from written evaluations and value-added measures. The written evaluations include scores from two classroom observations conducted by an administrator and a peer reviewer.
- 58 percent of NBCTs received the Merit Award Program (MAP) bonus, indicating they were among the top 25 percent of teachers in their subject area.
- A St. Petersburg Times-Bay News 9 poll found that 84 percent of parents in Tampa Bay consider National Board Certification a “very important” or “somewhat important” indicator in evaluating their child’s teacher.
- These findings support earlier research that found students of NBCTs exhibit stronger writing abilities, understanding of concepts and abstract thinking than students of non-NBCTs, and make learning gains equivalent to an extra month in school.
Each NBCT can earn up to $1,000 in a mentoring bonus for 10 hours mentoring other teacher leaders or offering training at your site. The district pays this stipend, resulting in free support for your site!